- 10 litres pot: trunk 80 – 120 cm (2.6-3.9 ft), canopy spread app. 30 – 40 cm (1-1.3 ft)
- 15 litres pot: trunk 80 – 120 cm (2.6-3.9 ft), canopy spread app. 30 – 40 cm (1-1.3 ft)
- 25 litres pot: trunk 80 – 120 cm (2.6-3.9 ft), canopy spread app. 40 – 60 cm (1.3-2 ft)
- 35 litres pot: trunk 80 – 120 cm (2.6-3.9 ft), canopy spread app. 40 – 80 cm (1.3-2.6 ft)
- 50 litres pot: trunk 80 – 120 cm (2.6-3.9 ft), canopy spread app. 80 – 120 cm (2.6-4 ft)
- 70-90 litres pot: trunk 80 – 120 cm (2.6-3.9 ft), canopy spread app. 80 – 120 cm (2.6-3.9 ft)
- 110-160 litres pot: trunk 80 – 120 cm (2.6-3.9 ft), canopy spread app. 100 – 160 cm (3.3-5.2 ft)
‘Garnet’ is a medium-sized deciduous shrub. Leaves with usually seven deeply dissected lobes, deep brownish-red throughout summer, slightly brighter in autumn. Small purplish flowers are followed by red fruits. The plant itself is very hardy standing at H6 which is perfect for the British climate, requiring only shelter in an extreme cold snap. The plant is prone to diseases and pests so keep an eye out for this. Stick to the advice of pruning group 1. The maximum height is between 1 m – 1.5 m (3.2 ft – 4.9 ft) and the maximum width is between 1.5 m – 2.5 m (4.9 ft – 8.2 ft).
Latin Name: Acer Palmatum Dissectum Garnet
English Name: Japanese Maple ‘Garnet’
Synonyms: Acer palmatum ‘Dissectum Garnet’, Acer Palmatum ‘Garnet’
Foliage Type: Deciduous
Flowering Period: Spring
Suggested Location: Outdoor.
Suggested Soil Type: Moist but well-drained. Clay, Loam, Sand, Chalk
Suggested Exposure to Sunlight: Full Sunlight or Partial Shade.
Suggested Exposure to Weather: Sheltered.
Hardiness Rating: High (H6)
Lowest Temperature Tolerance: -25 °C to -15 °C ( -13 °F to 5 °F)
Cultivation: Grow in a moist but well-drained soil. Water in summer if necessary. Leaf colour is best in partial shade, although full sun can be tolerated. Leaf scorch can be caused by lack of soil moisture or excessive exposure
Propagation: Propagate by grafting or softwood cuttings
Suggested planting locations and garden types: Low Maintenance Architectural City & Courtyard Gardens Cottage & Informal Garden Patio & Container Plants Rock Garden
Maintenance: Pruning group 1
Final Height: 1 m – 1.5 m (3.2 ft – 4.9 ft)
Final Sideways Spread: 1.5 m – 2.5 m (4.9 ft – 8.2 ft)
Pests: Aphids and horse chestnut scale may be a problem
Diseases: Verticillium wilt sometimes a problem
Delivery Cost: This is calculated based on the total size, weight and quantity of your order, as well as the location of your delivery address. You will see the final price at the Online Checkout Page (before making payment) – our website will automatically calculate the lowest possible delivery price and apply discounts to orders of certain products – giving you the best value delivery every time!
Please note that high-volume orders will decrease your delivery costs significantly by spreading the price across multiple items. Visit our Delivery Policy page for more information.